INSTALLMENT LOANS PTY LTD (“we”/”us”/”our”) endeavour at all times to comply with the Privacy Act 1988, Australian Privacy Principles and the Credit Reporting Code which together will be referred to in this policy as “Australian Privacy Law.”
- have received credit from us;
- are experiencing difficulty in meeting your repayment obligations under your (consumer) credit contract with us; andhave applied for or approached us for a variation in those obligations on the grounds of hardship whether as a result of receiving a Notice of Default or other notice from us or otherwise
“Hardship” as defined in the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (‘NCCP’) includes “illness, unemployment or other reasonable cause.” In the course of you applying for a variation in repayment terms on the grounds of hardship, we may collect from you information about illness, unemployment or other reasonable causes of hardship. This will, most likely, be “sensitive information” under Australian Privacy Law.
3. Sensitive Information
We will only collect sensitive information that is relevant to your application for a variation in your repayment terms on the grounds of hardship. Such information may include:
- health information about you or another member of your family;
- your current employment status;
- your education, training and other qualifications;
- whether you are a member of a professional or trade association or trade union;
- changes to your marital status;
4. The purposes for which we collect and use your sensitive information
We will only collect, use, hold and disclose your sensitive information for the following purposes and in the following ways to:
- assess your application for a variation to the terms of repayment under your (consumer) credit contract on the grounds of hardship (‘hardship variation’).
- explain our decision whether or not we agree to a hardship variation.
- administer, monitor and record any agreed hardship variation.
- consider any complaint about our decision to refuse a hardship variation in our Internal Disputes Resolution process.
- respond to any complaint about our decision to refuse a hardship variation made to our External Dispute Resolution scheme.
- manage our business including our responsible lending obligations and our systems for considering applications for hardship variations as required by the NCCP and other relevant law
- account to relevant authorities under the NCCP and Australian Privacy Law.
5. How we disclose your sensitive information
We shall not disclose your sensitive information to any party except for the purposes described above and as permitted by Australian Privacy Law.
In particular, we shall not disclose your sensitive information to any credit reporting body or any other credit provider though we may disclose that you have entered into a hardship variation to such parties.
6. Whether we supply your sensitive information to overseas recipients.
We shall not provide credit information and credit worthiness or credit eligibility information to overseas entities except as permitted by Australian Privacy Law.
7. How you may access your sensitive information held by us
There is no charge to make a request for access to your sensitive information but we may apply an administration fee for providing such access.
8. How you may seek correction of the sensitive information we hold about you
9. How you may complain about how we deal with your sensitive information
10. Changes to this policy
Loan that works for your business.
I declare that I have read and understood this Acknowledgement and Consent document and that I acknowledge, authorise and consent to all the terms that it sets out.Apply Now
Funding Within 60 Minutes (Instant Transfers)
*Instant transfer is available to PayID holders with participating Australian financial institutions. Most of the payments are typically settled in under 60 seconds but may be subject to checks and holds at the sending or receiving bank. As the reason, our standard payment transfer time is 24 hours.